Sunday, August 2, 2015

Outside Opera


There is something extraordinarily beautiful about listening to live music outside so when my friend told me about  an outdoor opera event I purchased tickets and made my way up to UBCO where it was held.


It was called Opera Under the Stars which would have been amazing but, as it was, the blue skies, clouds and mountains were an exquisite backdrop.


We met a sweet couple from church who had ordered one of the picnic baskets that were available for huge sums of money and they so kindly shared some of their delicious bounty with us.  
It was food fit for an opera! Very yummy. 




By the time the final notes had been sung the skies began to colour.  So glad I made the effort to get up there despite Patrice's protests.  I think she enjoyed it too...

No comments: