Monday, August 24, 2015

Through the Haze


Yeah, so I ended up taking a taxi to and from the airport all by myself.  It seemed ridiculous to pay that kind of money for one little body to be transported to and fro, however I didn't have a choice.  
When I tried to call for the shuttle they said the wheelchair one didn't run on Sundays so I just took God up on His Word.
He keeps reminding me that "He's got this".  
Something about cattle on a thousand hills...
I'm learning to trust Him in this too. 
I had a lovely conversation with my Ethiopian cab driver who also happened to love Jesus and I was able to pray for him and give him a good tip.
God probably had that planned too.


I love getting window seats for these flights across the prairies.  The skies were blue and the air was clear. 
Look at all that incredible beauty down there!  Those teeny weeny farms and cars whizzing along those straight long roads...
Like something off the friendly giant.


And can you believe they even served communion on the plane?
They saw me coming!!  
Ha!


As I crossed the rockies the air started to get hazy which made things look kinda cool.  The mountain tips peeking out through the misty clouds...


But it wasn't mist it was smoke...


And by the time we reached the valley we were encased in smoke so thick you couldn't see.  I was just glad the pilots had instruments other than their eyes to help them figure out where to land.


And my beautiful Patrice found my lone bag circling the conveyer belt.
As usual I was the last one off the plane.


Home sweet smokey home...


In the evening my siblings and I went to see a very funny movie called Inside Out and we shared a big bag of popcorn.  I wanted to take advantage of their last couple of days here in Kelowna.


We are thinking of becoming eye glass models.
This is one of our practice shots. 
I, however, look like I am modelling my latest dental job.


No comments: