Saturday, August 15, 2015

Memory Fun


Had a fantastic morning putting on a mini Word by Heart seminar with these lovely women.  


It was so much fun getting into the Blind Bartimaeus passage and experiencing the story so that they could tell it as a first hand experience.  
Amazing how a familiar scripture story can become so exciting and alive when you take the time to do research and discuss it in a group.  So many aspects spring to life and make you realize again how very amazing Jesus is.
The ladies had such a passion for the Word and eagerness to get to work and memorize this entire passage within a three hour time frame.


After the intro, textual analysis, paraphrasing and acting I sent everyone out in pairs to do the talking and listening exercise. 


I loved seeing Sara and Marcia take on the project with such joy and eagerness.  Found them wandering around the yard laughing as they committed the passage to memory. 


It was a wonderful collection of women from various walks of life that I have known in many different circles!  


Unfortunately my camera ran out of room and I was unable to capture the fun luncheon we enjoyed during our break. 
Food adds that party element that I love so much!  



When I saw how quickly everyone caught on and how much fun they had I realized that I'd like to do this more often. 
Need to ask the Lord what that should look like and how I should go about advertising this valuable material.
Those three months of intense study and hard work are paying dividends...



No comments: