Saturday, August 8, 2015

Church at Home



There were some smokies left over from a "tailgate picnic" we had in our church parking lot a few weeks back and they ended up in my freezer. Being the extrovert that I am, this was all the impetus I needed to send out a call for a small group gathering in my back yard.  And even though the invite only went out on Monday, about 30 people showed up on Saturday evening! 


Food was assembled and blessed and the fellowship took off in full swing.  It was just lovely to have so many children and youth roaming over the property; playing bocce, jumping on the trampoline, swinging in the hammock and going for walks.


Matthew was his usual joyful self and it is such a treat to have a place that is wheelchair accessible for him as well.


Look at this good looking group of young men!  I had a wonderful conversation about quantum mechanics with the eleven year old!?!  


We also spent some time praying for each other and since Jordan is heading off to the coast to do some schooling we were happy to bless him in his journey.


There is something so powerful and beautiful about joining our hearts and prayers in agreement to see God's Kingdom come in our lives.


Everyone who wanted to shared a high and a low and then we spent some time in prayer for each one.  
I was the last one to be prayed for and as I held out my hands they were covered by the hands of so many and I was encapsulated in a circle of loving bodies and prayer.  

HE, the Alpha and Omega is a compassionate God.



And these same loving hands swept into the kitchen with me and left the place clean.
This is the beautiful body of Christ.




No comments: