Monday, February 26, 2007

Winter...Again???



It's just a really good thing that our spiritual state does NOT depend upon our emotions. Some days are just really flat - but God is just as alive and well and loving on these days as He was when He blessed me with that special visitation just 2 days ago! It's unfortunate that in my fleshly state even the weather can affect my emotions to some degree. For instance...

It's been looking like spring and as you can read over some of my previous posts I've been rather excited about this turn of events following a long, cold, snowy winter. SO!... when the ice had finally thawed off my driveway and the beige, waiting grass was showing under my naked apple trees I felt HOPE & DELIGHT! The dripping, thawing, emerging landscape was warming under the sun's rays and my heart was growing lighter by the day!

This morning I awoke to what would have been a much anticipated and delightful landscape had it been December 24th... but it's February 25th!! The trees were laden with a thick layer of heavy snow, the huge flakes were falling steadily and it was winter all over again. But alas, I have been blessed with energy these past two weeks so I blitzed into my day and decided to stay indoors and accomplish great things. "Great things" nowadays means making the kids a smoothie in the morning, organizing a few drawers and getting some computer work done by noon. It's all relative at this point in my life with my body being in the shape it's in and me pushing 45. (By the way, many thanks to my dear friends who have prayed me through the doldrums this past winter - it's been a long one in more ways than one). I feel like I am coming out the other end of a dreary tunnel and it's good to see the light - even if it is reflected off this fresh snowfall!

Putting everything into perspective was a sweet hymn I read the words to and listened to on You Tube that goes like this:


"God be in my head, and in my understanding,
God be in my eyes, And in my looking.
God be in my mouth, And in my speaking
God be in my heart, And in my feeling;
God be at my death And at my departing."
(Walford Davies)



So, YES LORD, this is my prayer...may I be consumed with you. On the "flat days" and on the easy days! On the sunny days and on the dark ones. Be so much in me, that your presence will drip off me and onto those I am privileged to be with. Be so much in me that I will not be a drain on others, but will be a conduit of your sweetness and hope. You are never discouraged and never discouraging...and YOU live in ME! That's a very good thing. Smile. Those words are so small and inadequate for something so earthshattering. But they will have to do, along with a gigantic thankyou and kiss from me to You!

No comments: