Monday, February 12, 2007

RESCUED by the PSALMS


You've gotta love the Word !! Woke up needing encouragement rather badly and Lo and Behold in my Bible Reading I found so much nourishment. I'm working through one of those Bibles in a Year (unfortunately it takes me more than One Year, maybe even two or three, but I digress...) and this is the passage I came upon. Let me share the good news!!

PSALM 40:1-4
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God...
Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust"

YEAH! So He showed up in the Word (I know, He is THE WORD) and then He showed up in other very tangible ways. A sweet phone call with a friend who commiserated with my pain and even made me laugh. I called my sister and made sure she was still alive - we take life way too for granted...there's alot behind this statement, but just know that I so love my sister and want to see her delivered. I read the passage above to her over the phone - the WORD is living and active and can do what I cannot for her... And now I found out my dear friend and her dear daughter are returning from a lengthy and difficult hospital stay in Vancouver. I get to pick them up from the airport with balloons and flowers and big hugs and kisses. Again - life is fragile and I want to love more intensely and tangibly because it's all for Jesus and from Him.

He is incredbily gracious and kind. The Giver of Every Good and Perfect Gift.
I am sooo grateful for His amazing Friendship and Love.
Again, He takes my breath away…

2 comments:

patrice said...

hey mum. Just so you know, the email that you sent out had the wrong link... you put ".blogpost" and it's supposed to be ".blogspot" =) Love you.

Battle Maiden said...

Oh my goodness - that makes 3 people that looked at my blog!! Thanks Patrice - you made my day. I love you more ;)