Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Always...INVITATION!


Well, I have begun with baby steps...so small as to be almost imperceptible in this season of Lent. But He knows...and I know! But even in this tiny step, I felt Him asking - extending the invitation - to more. Again, if I am willing, it will be More of Him and less of me. He leaves it up to me entirely. How amazing and scary is that? Do I want more of Him? I have heard it said that we have as much of God as we want. That, of course, is my rather loose paraphrase. Because when I ponder the Song of Solomon, I am reminded of the portion where the Bridegroom runs ahead of the Bride, leaving her to roam the streets in search of her Beloved. He wants us to pursue Him, it's a beautiful picture. But it must be more than a picture in my life if I want to grow closer to Him, and ultimately more like Him...to be "conformed into the image of Christ". What a lofty challenge He leaves with us. But with every bit of enabling that is necessary - His grace is most sufficient. It costs our life though. Sigh.

OK- I do have a life other than trying to take baby steps in Lent. My friend helped me to post a picture of myself onto my blog. I had one there (how on earth I got it there is now beyond me) and then I deleted it. Now I am unable to put my picture back above my "intro" so this friend inserted it into a post for me. He also very kindly put a picture of my dog with her fancy surgical collar on one of my older posts. Unfortunately I was not here to witness the procedure so I am once again left to my own devices. It saddens me that I am so daft in some areas...and lazy when it comes to reading and deciphering cryptic sounding instructions that other people seem to be able to make sense of. Oh well - I will make it one of my goals to figure out my Mac which I have now owned for several years. I REALLY dislike reading instructions.

I am happy to report that I feel life returning to my bones and spirit - I feel motivated to be doing things which brings me immense pleasure. Baking, journaling, shopping, BLOGGING!! So I add to my list of 1000 GIFTS...

thanking you Jesus for days where I feel energy...
sunshine that warms my body and spirit
my sweet animals that bring me such amusement and joy
precious children to interact with and love
good food - a fridge & shelves speak of abundance
laughter - healing to the spirit
the ability to sleep better at night - a blessing not previously fully appreciated!
and on and on and on...

I will have eternity to thank my sweet Jesus, but it's good for me to do lots of it now!

2 comments:

forest maiden said...

What a beautiful picture of you!
Your furry friend looks like an angel with a halo...how cute!
I too must admit that the seemingly simple tasks on my computer loom before me as a labyrinth with no out!( my goal is to find it!)
I look forward to experiencing the splender of spring and the warm sunshine! I am pleased to hear you have been able to enjoy some already.
The one who created such amazing beauty is also the author and perfecter of our faith, so be encouraged today with each step you take!

Battle Maiden said...

Thanks for your sweet words...I'd love to check into your blog (hint hint) and watch your unfolding journey. I appreciate your encouragement precious sister. Blessings...