Tuesday, February 13, 2007

ANNIVERSARY of LIFE


Twenty years today...since my life was almost snatched away by a sad soul out drinking and driving along the darkened Hawaii road my husband and I were walking along. It has certainly been a journey that has catapulted me into the arms of Jesus. Out of desperation...and finally out of love. It feels like a long time already - almost half my life! This 'ol body knows it's been a long time and it's been groaning with the stress of not enough muscles doing too much work. Ah well, we're only here for a little while and then we get to leave these broken vessels behind and get our brand new ones! Oh the amazing and wonderful promises of God...'in the twinkling of an eye..." YEEHAW!!!

Yet God had a plan and through His sovereign will and many prayers from many places this little battle maiden made it through the storm and I live to proclaim God's goodness and enjoy Him. I asked Jesus tonight about these many years in my "chariot" and He told me He was proud of me... Thank you Jesus. Can't do anything without you so I ask for continued strength and tons of grace & wisdom to finish the race!

And on this anniversary my dear sweet doggie Jewel had surgery to remove a tumor. She's home now and we've had quite a few laughs at her expense, unfortunately...watching her try to navigate her way around with a huge "elizabethan collar" cone thing wrapped around her head to prevent her from aggravating her wound. She keeps crashing into things - not used to her head being so gigantic. And when she's outside trying to sniff the ground she ends up scooping snow into the cone. Kind of like me in the wheelchair not always being able to estimate how long & wide I really am with these wheels and foot pedals attached. (Scrapes on walls and doors and people's ankles attest to this fact)

So, as I always say..."onwards & upwards" dear soldier friends. With Jesus as our example, our friend, our helper, our EVERYTHING we will reach our destination...



"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a
great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entagles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us FIX OUR EYES on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame
and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." HEBREWS 12:1-3


No comments: