Friday, May 22, 2015

Pleasures at Home



Having traveled rather extensively last year, I have since fallen quite in love, on a whole new level, with my home and city and wonderful friends and family.

Driving up the long winding road the other evening while the late sun cast it's warm heavy rays on the rich green grasses, highlighting royal purple flowers and spreading it's last warmth on the lush orchards and stately pines while the crickets chirped their songs ... I was simply overwhelmed with the beauty of it all.

I get to live here and love Jesus here.

Praying as I wind my way through the country roads and busy city streets,
Finding myself at a job that is tailor made for me that I just love.
Tending my lovely flowers and wild garden, planting alyssum, watering my geraniums, picking mint for my water jug, watching the setting sun through my bedroom window light up the sky with streaks of purple and pink. 

I have friends that I can meet with on back patios or for coffee after work.
Sometimes sitting in a dog park, sipping the special brew while talking through the intricacies of life and health and family...

There is a perfect prayer group in a home that is actually accessible with a ramp and everything. 
God is showing up in increasing power and passion and helping us to pull heaven down on earth...His Kingdom, here...now.  In and around us.
Amazing privilege to worship and pray with these incredibly precious people.  

I have a car at my beck and call that allows me to zoom around at will.
Picking up groceries, or friends or delivering bouquets of balloons to beautiful birthday girls...


And I even have an "unbook" club with which I can laugh and cry and pray.
Tonight we listened to tales of two travellers in our group and ended with a sweet time of communion.


I have Sara and Patrice sharing this home and this life.
They are family.
Sara teaches me so much through her walk with God.
So raw, so honest, so life changing. 
She truly incorporates the Word of God into her life on a daily basis in huge chunks, meditating on it, journaling and being changed in the process.  Experiencing miracles in the most amazing ways.

And Patrice is my princess.
She blesses me with her faithful kind ministrations to me and through her willingness to keep on keeping on even when the going gets tough.
Such a beautiful overcomer and lover of truth.

Honestly, I could just go on and on and on.
I am blessed beyond what I am able to comprehend.



No comments: