Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Days of May



This weekend we celebrated Mother's Day.
Tis a blessing to celebrate and to be celebrated.
Dear Patrice got up early before work and made me the most delightful spelt flour blackberry scones.
I drank tea from the lovely mug she gave me.
This is love.
Simple and beautiful.



In the evening I had the privilege of celebrating my mom and auntie.
We had a BBQ (turned into frying the steaks in a pan due to malfunctioning BBQ) and enjoyed a beautiful evening out on the back patio.


 Amy was here for the weekend which was sweet as we haven't seen her much in the last few years.


After supper we sang hymns and choruses and enjoyed the warm soft evening.
The lilacs. still in bloom. scented the air and the layers of fresh green growth stretched out around us.


I will celebrate this dear Mom of mine, as much as I despair at her growing old and feeble before my eyes.
Her spirit is still strong.
She fights for what independence is still hers to enjoy.
She prays for us steadfastly, with faith and with very great love.
She loves God and trusts Him incredibly well.
She stands unswervingly on His Word.



No comments: