Saturday, May 2, 2015

Let Him


Sometimes,
often actually,
I try to arrange my life.

And I get in the way of the better way.
The one that I could trust Him to set up
Instead of trying so hard to make things work to suit me.

This week He did that for me.
I had to cancel a party that I was looking forward to,
due to sickness and some family stuff.

But knowing schedules and busyness I figured that was the end of that.
Maybe a coffee date would be rescheduled and would suffice.
My birthday can easily be overrated in my own mind and that can lead to disappointment, so less can be more.
Especially if I let go and let God, as the saying goes.

Today He pulled it together for me, so unexpectedly.
Three mamas and their daughters.
Forever friends for about a hundred years or more.
We celebrated Sue's new job, Bethany getting her MSW and my birthday at the Boh.


So many little miracles landed us all at that same table with delicious hot drinks and yummy meals with lots of laughter and shared joy.  And we, being the mothers, the decidedly mature ones, had a very silly time with Bethany's cool green shades.




It would appear that we have been following this advice...




No comments: