Monday, May 4, 2015

Decked out in Love


I was an Anglican again today.
There's just something so grounding in the way the Anglican's celebrate and reinforce the profound walk of obedience that is Christianity through the ancient readings, beautiful worship and the Eucharist that causes me to come back for more.
I just might make this my "other" home for the Sundays when the Vineyard is taking a holiday.  I can double dip since God's mercy allows for that.
And a whole lot more.

It's an easier season for me to leave my church of the king-sized bed to join the procession of the saints en route to glory, for some reason.
Patrice joined me and we sat in the sunlit sanctuary, worn wood floors beneath our feet, smiling faces around us.
Peace be with you...
And also with you.
These age old words easily exchanged and a balm for the soul.

As I prepared for church I literally clothed myself in garments of love.
Evidence of my celebratory week spent with heaven sent friends.
The sweater I wore, from Barb - bright and beautiful, fitting me perfectly.
On my ears were elegant silver earrings, a thoughtful gift from Sue.
And around my neck a gold necklace; the pendant a small golden anchor.  Gayle gave it to me yesterday saying it spoke to her of hope.  My arms and hands were fragrant with the rich sweet smelling lotion she gave...

I wear this love with such gratefulness, not fully comprehending the magnitude of what it really represents.  How is it that I am the recipient of such kindness?
I feel like I take for granted these friendships which are once again the arms of Jesus on my journey.
So I wore the tokens of this love, basking in the lavishness of it.

****************

And tonight I watched "The Way" with Sara.
Marking the first day of Daniel and Nicole's pilgrimage on the Camino.
Sara and I sprawled out on my bed, Ladybug between us with the computer screen giving us visual access to the very paths that my dear son and daughter in love are trekking.

May God grant us all His peace as we journey towards Him.
Deeper into His heart of incomprehensible love.



No comments: