Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Knocked Out



It's all over now and I somehow missed the whole show.
I think the Dr. perceived that I was somewhat anxious so the "light sedation" that they promised turned into something deep and wonderful.

Just the way I like it.

I awoke about an hour and a half later in another room and Patrice somehow found me.  The Dr. also found me again and said I have a hernia.  Plus she is sending me for more testing.  Glad I'm getting this all looked after at long last.  She didn't find the nasty pill, but she did see a reddened area that showed evidence of irritation from the little intrudes long slow slide downwards.

I would have loved to have stayed in the bed and slept on as my night had been very short and I was feeling so lovely and relaxed, but alas, breakfast was served and I was on my way.

Since I felt quite celebratory at my release I got myself a yummy drink at the "Perking Lot".  A special drink turns any old event into a party!


unfortunately I didn't read till I got home that chocolate and coffee are not helpful for an irritated esophagus...



We discovered that Grandma had been admitted to the hospital due to pneumonia so we popped in for a visit and brought her some flowers and prayed for her.
Convenient when those visits line up.


One stop shopping is the way I like to roll, so to speak.


*************************

Just needed to add a p.s. here.

This evening I went to prayer.
It was amazing to be surrounded again by like minded people, all of us worshiping God, together lifting up the Name of Jesus above all other names.
Wrapping ourselves all up in Him and then praying for each other.

They heard some of my throat saga and they came around me,
Praying for healing, giving encouragement and blessing me with their love.
Their warm hands on my back and shoulders, Jesus showing up with skin on.
Pushing back the plans of the enemy and speaking life over and into me.

I'm grateful for these friendships, forged in the furnace of prayer.
We go straight to what matters most and contend for God's purposes in our lives and in the lives of others.
I really love these nights of prayer.
God shows up and we change history together.



No comments: