Sunday, June 5, 2016

Jumping into June


Somehow when we hit June I already feel like we've swung straight into summer.
It's a marvellous month when the days are long and getting longer! 
I just love still being on this side of the Summer Equinox - knowing that the best of the year is still around the corner.
The long, hazy, lazy days of summer stretch out before me full of promise and adventure.


June began with a trip to the airport - not for me this time, but for Mom, Elsie and Tante Hilda.
And little Pupcake, of course. 
He 's a little jetsetter!
What a sweet bunch of travellers flying off over the Rocky Mountains to spend some time with Vic and a multitude of Calgary friends. 
I had no energy to fly anywhere and I was on a timeline with finishing up with my students since I had taken that three week Europe trip.


While they were away I took care of business back at home.
Coffee with friends is always a treat, especially when it looks like this! 
It's the little things in life that are the really big things. 
A yummy drink shared with people I love.  
Often after my teaching mornings I arrange to meet someone before heading home up the hill for my afternoon siesta.


I knew dear Daddio was alone while mom was gone, so I made a salmon dinner and invited him and Ollie over for a lovely evening on the back patio. 
There are just so many things I love about this Season! 
I'm so grateful to God for family and friends and how we are tucked in with one another.


Speaking of which, here are some beautiful people that are part of my "church family".  Matthew Baker is such a precious friend of mine and has taught me so much about grace and endurance and love.
His "disability" disappears when you find out that he is more "able" than many of us to connect with what really matters in life.
He is my teacher and one of my hero's.
His family walks out servanthood, gratitude and joy with incredible humility and grace.
Because we've known each other for about 15 years or more, and because we're good friends from church and school, I was honoured to be invited onto the micro board for the society he and his family started up for his care.  
We celebrated this grand event with a steak dinner at their place.


Matthew and his family were also a part of this gathering.
Church in the back yard on a scorching hot day; the temperature was somewhere up in the thirties. 


We celebrated this dear man's 60th birthday.  He lost his wife to cancer about 8 years ago and has been fighting his own battle with the same scourge for several years now so to turn 60 was significant for him.
There were tears and there was laughter, and prayer, of course.


I love all the ages eating and playing together.  This Daddy and his son had the cutest little set up for their picnic.


I bought a mister to combat the intense heat and it threw off a nice cool spray on these fellows.
These ladies found a spot of shade and the evening was a success.


I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God...


No comments: