Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Tumble of Emotions



Feelings are jumbling around inside of me, so many thoughts of a day that seemed just too full, too confusing and too wonderful all at once.

I felt like I was behind all day. Trying to get it together to prepare for the Saturday night gathering, trying to bake and giving up on running errands because I just kept getting phone calls which were interrupting my kitchen time. The phone calls cause me to sit still in my wheelchair which makes my back go crazy and there were three of them today. All of them long.

My two housemates were both preparing to leave tomorrow so they were scurrying about and getting things done as well. And in the midst of all of this, my dear son and his precious girlfriend came home from their run in the mountains with the dogs. With an announcement!!!!

Full of emotion and tears and excitement that seemed to border on sweet hysteria my son's girl showed me her engagement ring and gave me the biggest hug. My son seemed pretty pleased with himself and the story spilled out in bursts as the ring was admired and I freaked out with excitement myself. Finally this girl whom I love like my own will truly become my daughter in love.



My heart is bursting with joy.

More screams from the basement as one friend was told. Phone calls were made and the story was told again and again while the tears kept resurfacing. This girl wears her heart on her sleeve and our family will be so much richer with her becoming part of us. I'm grateful to our kind Father for giving my precious son such a treasure. His first girlfriend. How sweet. How wonderful how she completes him.


We celebrated by going out to the neighbors, down the long snowy driveway with the big red bows adorning the trees to pick out a Christmas tree. The big fire was roaring in the yard and hot chocolate was passed about as we announced to complete strangers and friends the delightful news. A huge wreath was given to the couple in honor of the occasion. So much joy, everyone enters in.







The tree was set up, company began to arrive for the Saturday gathering and more tears and excitement ensued. So good to share the occasion with these ones who are like family to us.

My heart is full and happy. The hard parts of the day, which seemed to be many, pale in comparison and I will rejoice in the kindness of God.

No comments: