Monday, December 6, 2010

Second Advent


Every year I try to celebrate at least one Advent evening with the family.
Last night was so special. I realize the preciousness of having the family together and the fact that my parents and auntie are still able to join in the festivities.
So the table is set and crowded with an abundance of food and we squeeze around it - 15 of us singing "Praise God from whom all blessings flow".
Truer words could not be sung!
The blessings flow and keep on flowing.
Plates are filled and conversations flow intermingled with happy noises from the kids.


I couldn't be more thrilled that God sent my sweet niece and her family here to be with us for this season of life. And my dear cousin joined us with her husband and little boy so it added to the excitement.
Two Advent candles were lit and carols were sung accompanied by flute and guitar.
A story "Little Star" was read to the young and the old and the focus was back on the miracle of Advent. We are preparing for the birthday of a King.
A Birthday that is celebrated all month long!


And the grande finale was a treasure hunt that sent the kids running excitedly through the house and outdoors reading clues and finding their gifts.
Such excitement and laughter generated through simple fun.
Haven't seen my Dad smile that hard in a long time.


He's struggling to stay out of the Kingdom but my sister and auntie and I prayed that God would send in the BIG GUNS to do some work on His behalf. We are literally calling on God to send Michael and Gabriel to help Dad along since he is not getting any younger!
Praying this will be the year that He sees the King.
With childlike faith at 85...

No comments: