Sunday, December 5, 2010

Such a Winner!


Just a few interesting tidbits regarding life as of late up on the hill.

I shaved ladybug's face so as to better see her beady black eyes in the midst of her furry black head and I accidently took her long eyelashes off one eye. As a result I have created a strange twitch that occurs when she sits and stares at me. And the poor little eye kind of half closes - probably due to lack of protection. She sits and stares at me a lot, taking her every cue from my movements. I want to be like that with God. (but with both eyes fully open and not twitching)

Yesterday I went to a Christmas Craft Fair and purchased tickets to try to win one of the amazing gift baskets that were available. As I passed by one of the baskets I noted that it was all about golfing so I told God and my friend that I would put one ticket in for the former husband. Just one of course. That way I would know if I was to bless him in that way. The other baskets were way more fun.

Guess which basket I won? Haha - God has a good sense of humor and is so kind. After they called me about that basket I got two more phone calls informing me that I had won two other ones as well! Hair cuts, meals out, a month at a ladies exercise place - haha!! So I have lots of gifts to share and am asking God to show me how I can bless others.

I have already blessed Moose with a red t-shirt from one of the baskets. My housemate dressed him up last night and we laughed uproariously at his big white body snugged into the bright red shirt. Of course we had to add the antlers I bought him for Christmas. (Being a Moose and all) He adjusted quickly to the shirt but he'd like to eat the antlers.


And last night at our Saturday gathering, my little great nephew who is at a very unpredictable adventurous age was roaming through my house looking for what he could dismantle. Before I knew it he had removed my IPOD from it's dock in the living room and had deposited it into the dog's water dish by the back door.


What are the chances? I couldn't help but be amused, but was grateful that someone had walked by the door just then to pull the device out. It is presently sitting in a container of rice trying to pull it's act together. We shall see.

I've been having such lovely times with my houseguest. She has just been the most amazing company for me and we love to pray together, watch movies, run errands, make healthy juices, play games and we just laugh a lot. It has felt like respite for both of us somehow. Just this gift of time, like a holiday, that dropped out of heaven. There seems to be no age difference and it has revived me. Apparently it's been really good for her too.

She leaves in one week so I will soak up the goodness of a new friendship for these last days and continue to trust God to bring these times of refreshing when He sees fit. I will miss her gentle ways, her sweet laugh and her unbelievably kind servant's heart.

No comments: