Monday, April 23, 2007

Piece of Paradise


The Father has seen fit to place me in a piece of paradise. My heart is so full and content as my eyes take in the scenes around me...the glories of Spring are spread out in every direction. Each window I peer out of holds marvelous beauty and delight. I awaken to the singing of birds and the little mysterious frog that croaks to me, cheering my heart. I have never seen him, but I take such pleasure in his strange little sounds. They are so comforting - mostly he sings at night.

The grass is green - how kind of the Father to carpet the earth and scatter lovely yellow dandelions to humbly sing His glories.

The Creator and His Creation...His magnificence is displayed in a million ways. I feel incredibly privileged to live up here on the orchard where I am so visibly reminded, constantly, of His beauty. The mountains surround this little valley, and I sit high up, enjoying the vistas and the stunning drive up the hill that brings me here. It begins on the low grounds where there are pussy willows and bushes where the red winged blackbirds dart about - proudly showing off their colors. I wind up the long hill, looking eagerly for the sheep and their lambs that have their faces plastered to the grass - grazing so contentedly. The varied orchards - beautiful trees in rows, awaiting their turn to bear blossoms, leaves and fruit. The lake that emerges as I go higher - brilliant blue, or other shades depending on the skies and clouds. The green pines, wildflowers, bushes in blossom and finally the school ground spilling over with laughing children announce that I am almost home.

These have been years of pure grace, living out in the country. Seeing the stately horses riding by, occasionally a tiny pony pulling a cart, people walking their assortment of dogs and a dirt biker happily zooming by. Shouting and cheers from the schoolyard where baseball games or soccer games bring out families in droves. And if I head out to the back of the property I look down to see the city in all its beauty, encircling the lake and surrounded by the mountains.

The blue, blue sky, the warmth and brightness of the sun, the mountains that still hold a few traces of snow, the trees around the house unfolding their leaves and my faithful tulips, tryng to grow in the few places where Jewel hasn't dug them up to find a cozy resting place in the dirt.

I love my piece of paradise. I don't know how long I'll be up here, but I want to delight in every moment - to give glory to the Creator. It's all a gift. And I give thanks…

No comments: