Monday, April 9, 2007

Oh, EASTER!


I lay in bed, hearing the birds sing on this Easter Monday...pondering the events of this past weekend. What a privileged people we are - we who believe in the death of Jesus and the RESURRECTION of Jesus Christ. We who ponder, amazed at the wonder that Someone - the God of the Universe would pour Himself out in such a way to release us from the captivity of our selfish wanderings. "Christ Jesus, who, existing in the form of God did not consider equality with God as something to be used for His own advantage. Instead He emptied Himself..." Philippians 2:5,6,7

I have been uncomfortably aware of the sin that plagues me - in my thoughts, the many, many deeds that go undone. Unkind reactions and words. The list goes on and on. I am utterly and completely aware of my deep, deep, DESPERATE need for Jesus. His Blood, His death, His life and His most amazing and powerful LOVE.

I come undone, because of Him.

He makes me new, and, wonder of wonders, dwells with me.

He desires me! It is almost incomprehensible.

Again, amazing grace. Thank goodness our praise and worship of His Greatness begins here on earth and goes on for eternity. I'm so glad that I will have eternity to praise Him, to bow down and kiss His scarred feet, to embrace Him and to dance with Him.

He actually desires me... enough to die a horrendous death to redeem me.


***************************************


Good Friday was truly Good. An interchurch service - bringing Him great joy, no doubt - where we put aside our differences and gather in Unity to remember His death...and celebrate. Strange and wonderful. The day ended with a viewing of "The Passion of the Christ" accompanied by a headache that grew into a migraine. Oh the pain of watching the agony of Jesus and feeling my own small suffering simultaneously. Ended the day with communion in my bed. He meets me here. His pain mingled with my own tiny tastes of suffering. It's hard enough watching that movie when I'm feeling good...

Easter Sunday. Worship, Drama, Balloons - children rejoicing, the Body playing, dancing and celebrating. Such good news we hardly know what to do with ourselves..."He is RISEN - HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!"

A house FULL of family and guests. Celebrating around a table laden with gifts from above. Music and praise flowing from the living room - my sister actually playing guitar and singing - coming out of a valley of great darkness. The voices of other overcomers joining in and lifting up the Name of Jesus. And my unsaved 81 year old father in the midst of all of this, on the threshold of decision...fighting every step of the way, but being prayed inch by inch over that unbelief. My beautiful Godly mother radiating the joy and presence of Jesus. And all the other treasures that gifted my home...

The evening ended with a sweet time of prayer - calling forth that which is not yet and believing for miracles. Blessing those who gathered together in the Name of Jesus to celebrate this most glorious Event - the Resurrection of Jesus and His most certain imminent return.

Hallelujah. Hallelujah. Hallelujah.

No comments: