Thursday, October 25, 2018

Culture & Colour



Since I was downtown after dropping Mom off at Tante Hilda's on this rainy afternoon, I took the opportunity to visit our local museum.


Amazingly enough, on Thursdays they offer free admissions and there was an authentic van Gough and Monet painting in the mix so I very eagerly went in and took  in the exhibition.




Above is the van Gough,


and here is the Monet.

I enlarged the signature.
Kinda in awe...


And here are a few others that caught my attention.




I even ran into my Grade 11 art teacher at the museum which seemed rather fitting.
We chatted and I asked him a couple of art related questions confirming what he already knew... I am someone who appreciates art but it was never going to be a "day job" for me! 


I love these pieces as well.


Since I was downtown I also took a drive through the city streets to enjoy the natural art display of leaves on the streets!


Pathways strewn with gold... 


Canopies raining down red and gold flakes.


Flowers in boxes still blooming late in October.
I am so blessed to live here!


The drive home through the countryside is also laden with beauty.


Layers of colour and glory divine!




No comments: