Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Music in the Metropolis



Thanks to Patrice being vigilant on the music front, we got to attend a most stellar performance in the middle of May.
I'm getting pretty good at making this trek over the mountains on my own and have learned how to get through it without my back seizing up by moving my shoulders almost constantly as I drive.
I have such amazing times listening to worship music and praying as I zoom over the mountains and take in the breathtaking scenery.


Daniel popped over from the island and we all drove together to the Roger's arena in downtown Vancouver which was bustling with activity and a million people all going somewhere...


But I'm glad these are the people I got to spend this spectacular evening with.


We had amazing seats and I was blown away by the show.  Paul Simon is truly an extraordinary musician.  
I hardly have words to describe what I was privileged to see and hear.
There's also something about a live performance that is intoxicating.
The energy and the vibes that are created by such a huge crowd all enjoying the music and calling forth the best of those on the stage.


Thankfully there were large screens so we could see what was actually happening on the stage despite being a far back as we were. 



I was also thinking about the eternal glory that is coming and how this is merely a shadow and small foretaste of the kind of music we will be enjoying up there.
And His living, visible, divine presence will blow the top off anything we've ever experienced down here. 


Which means it's going to be worth every hard thing we endure on the road to glory! 



No comments: