Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Leo



The beginning of May is just pure gorgeousness.


Especially if there is sunshine in the mix.
Which there often is around here.
The Okanagan is an exceptional place to live and I'm grateful to be living out in the hills where I drive by these sights on a daily basis.
Especially now that our little city has become so crazy busy and full of insane amounts of traffic.
I love driving out of the chaos and up into the hills...


and then arriving at my sanctuary.


It's especially fun when I have the kids staying with me along with my grand-kitty Leo!



Daniel was trying to get Ladybug to say hello to Leo who was relegated to the back entry due to allergies in the household. (sadly, including me)


Daniel had created a nice little bed for him on the bench but he found better places to rest.


And hide.
Sometimes I'd come home from teaching and he was nowhere to be found.
It was a big deal that he stayed in the back entry and didn't escape because of the neighbourhood coyotes.
I would panic until I discovered his little face staring out at me from some new vantage point.
This one below was his best hiding spot.
It took me some time to find him as he was blending in so well with all of the shoes.


He's a well loved cat and fits into the family well.


Long and lean.


It was fun hanging with the kids and having some one on one time with them.


They presented me with this lovely pair of earrings as a late birthday gift.
Handmade by Nicole for moi.
She's pretty amazing.

No comments: