Monday, May 28, 2018

Gardening and Gardens



Here is one of the parks that Mom and I often stop at after picking up coffee and chicken burgers.
Or, now as the weather is getting warmer we are switching things up with a Mango Smoothie instead of coffee.  
Mom LOVES those! 


We also checked out the park in the neighbourhood we lived at while the kids were little.
We used to walk to this park and admire this beautiful gardens.


So very much beauty and color.


Back home things are so green and fresh as well.


This year I didn't buy any geraniums and so far so good.
Lots of color on the cheap!


I did buy a couple of lovely perennials which are giving me lots of joy.
Hoping they will thrive in their new home.


Anita arrived from Iqaluit at the end of May!!
Here she is soaking up the sun, dispelling the pallor of a long winter in the frozen North.  
I wanted to take a before and after picture because she only needs a couple of days of sunshine before she looks like she's got some Native blood.
Which I think she does, come to think of it...


And here are the newly placed bee hives!
I am so excited to have them on the land but I was a bit nervous when I saw how close to the orchard they put them.
Don't want those precious little bees suffering from any orchard spray since we're not organic yet - at least not the apple trees.



Here, however, we are doing some real ORGANIC planting!
I got all "mother earthy" and joined Jenn in planting some of the tiny seedlings into the next sized container before they go into the garden.


Such a perfect day for patio gardening with a fine friend. 


Check out these little lovelies who will soon be giving life and health to the household.


Amazing how it all works.
Such a treat to be able to work together with our Creator in the garden.


No comments: