Tuesday, May 15, 2018

May Marvels



Nicole and I went for a walk downtown one evening and had some ice-cream.
What a lovely thing to live in a city next to a lake.
Especially on evenings like this. 


I was surprised on Mother's Day when Makana knocked on my door wishing me a Happy Day and presenting me with a delicious, healthy bowl of goodness.
Such a treat when nothing is expected! 


God's got so many incredible ways of showing us His love.
Endless and amazing.

*****

I had to go to a hardware store to get something and lo and behold there were flowers!!
So I filled my trunk with some colourful lovelies and brought them home with me, eager to get them planted.


Here are some of the marvels of May around the yard...


The pink Daphne plant smells like heaven!


And Tulips.
Kisses from heaven.


I had a little impromptu supper with these lovely ladies in lieu of Mother's Day.
Afterwards we came out to the patio and the evening was just perfect.


Sunshine splashed about highlighting the lovely flowers.





Elsie and I had took a wander around the yard with the pups enjoying the sights.


Spring & Sunshine.
A glorious combination.


Martha Kindly offered to drive mom home.
They looked pretty snazzy taking off together in Martha's fancy white car.


And the water continues to rise in the valley but thankfully the flooding experienced last year has not materialized.


The creeks are swollen and raging...


This creek below is the one that Daniel's property backs onto.
As you can see the sand bags are in place.


Hopefully these houses will fare better this year! 

No comments: