Monday, April 18, 2016

Puzzle Pieces

I have embarked upon this most wonderful journey.

The puzzle pieces have come together – for the most part and I can see the pieces of the  journey ahead without misgivings. England, Holland, Germany… The Lord has provided helpers all along the way, and my sweet friend Kristine looked after booking train tickets out of Holland and across Germany which had wheelchair access.  This was a HUGE burden lifted off of me and I am certain that my Shepherd is KIND.  He surrounds me with the most fabulous people, everywhere I go and I am GRATEFUL.

In this past week a place came available just down the road from where Lorna lives.  It is a cottage that has wheelchair access!!  When I contacted another friend in England, dear Sue, whom I haven’t seen in some 19 years or so, she immediately responded that she would come down to crowborough and hang out with us, taking time off work to do so.  I am immensely touched and thrilled that she is also joining in the rendevous. 

When Lorna told me she would be picking us up from the airport and carting us around to do sightseeing, suddenly England became much less foreboding and again, a huge weight was lifted and replaced with joy. 

Now I am sitting on a huge place with an empty seat between Patrice and myself as I fly over snowcapped mountains on the way to London.  This too is mercy so that I am able to partially lay down if I feel the need.  Which I certainly will.  I feel so blessed and delighted to be on this lightfilled journey with my daughter.  Not even a week ago she was struggling through a terrible episode of anxiety and I began to wonder if this trip was even going to happen but there was prayer and there were breakthroughs.

Isn’t this just so much of life.
Prayer
And Breakthroughs.

Sometimes there is a longer gap between those words, but they come.
Because God is sovereign and He is looking after me and mine.  Oh Yes He Is.

I am not ignorant of upcoming challenges, but He will provide as they come up.  And in the meanwhile I will enjoy this moment.  I will enjoy my window seat with extra space, the incredibly amazing view flying across the rockies, out of Vancouver and over Whistler and the snow capped mountains.  It feels like I’m being treated as a VIP and I get to do this with my girl. 

Presently I am eagerly awaiting the meal which has been announced and I have been doing some memorizing of my Luke Gospel in preparation for teaching some Word By Heart in Germany with Kristine. 


(I found this post hidden off in a file that I had written on the plane so it feels like I've told this story twice, once with pictures and once without... I just can't let a piece of writing go down the drain for no reason, especially when it was written in "real time" unlike many of my other Europe posts.) 




No comments: