Wednesday, November 5, 2014

off to Zion


I sit at the Vancouver airport
Watching people from every nation streaming about me
Rivers of life needing living water.
Kingdom of God come.
Good thing He gave us that all important prayer before He returned to the Father so we'd know how to pray for what seems to big and too complex.

I've had a pleasant afternoon here, drinking a large chai tea and laying down on a bench surrounded by my many pieces of luggage and so forth.

I do not travel lightly.
In fact, the older I get the more pieces are accompanying me.
Not only the wheelchair, but the back brace and glasses and hand splints and my cling on bathroom device.  I feel like my brain starts to short circuit as I'm trying to gather supplies that I will need to keep this body upright and functioning during the next two weeks on the other side of the world.

It felt a little complicated getting out of the house, but Patrice once again rescued me and helped me zip up that suitcase and get out of the door.  She fed me a boiled egg on the way and gave me a bag of nuts to snack on.  How sweet is that?

Soon Anita will arrive and I will be able to get off this bench and on with the journey.  We leave for London tonight so that will require some medication to get me through the 9 hours plus of sitting.

I'm so excited to go to Zion.
I can hardly believe this is actually happening to me.  That I get to go and pray with close to 4000 believers from 30 nations.
Zechariah 8:22 is about to begin.
This makes my heart incredibly happy.

Something is going on that is so much bigger than I am.
History is in the making and I get to influence it through my small prayers added together with many, many others.

Kingdom of God COME!






No comments: