Monday, October 27, 2014

Be it done unto me...


So our church is meeting in a new location.
I personally don't like it, but that's often the way growth feels.
Uncomfortable.

There is a little step into the meeting space and I need help getting over it on my way in and out.
For some reason that little tiny step feels big to me because I have to rely on others to help me.  This prevents me from leaving quietly and quickly if I want to escape early.  And it leaves me feeling a little claustrophobic.

I know it's not a big deal, but for whatever reason it feels big in my head!

Anyhow, this past Sunday, after an amazing worship time and message, I left quite quickly, once again feeling the pressure of the impending "step".  Two men kindly grabbed my chair, in a rather unconventional way, and gently lowered me to the terra firm and I swiftly wheeled off to my car.

As I was getting myself settled a dear little woman ran up to me and said she had been sitting in her van waiting for me to come out.  She has been severely incapacitated these past months with adrenal fatigue and other ailments.  So she said to me that she thinks of me daily and prays for me often now that she has lost so many of her own abilities and strength.

Oh my.  My heart thrilled with this knowledge and I was so humbled to know that I have a little prayer warrior, fighting for my life out of her own weakness.  Isn't that outrageously beautiful?

And she asked me a question.  How do I not fight against the losses?

Out of my mouth popped these words..."just pray that prayer that Mary prayed when the angel gave her the overwhelming news that her life was about to change radically."

The prayer being:

"I am your maidservant, may it be done unto me according to your good pleasure".

I'm not sure of the translation or if those are the exact words, but the sentiment is definitely there.  And suddenly this became a sermon to myself.

In my new season of another level of loss I need to pray this prayer.
God knows all about my hands and the new level of loss and disability and pain.
No problem, He says.  Trust me.
So I'm grateful that He used "THE STEP" to get me out to the car early so I wouldn't miss this sweet little wisp of a woman's ministry to me.

If we have eyes to see His loving care, even in those awkward places of life that feel like huge inconveniences, we will be ministered to very, very often!



No comments: