Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mini Seminar


Last Saturday I had a really fabulous day teaching my Word By Heart memorization methodology to a bunch of very eager learners.

At first I was wondering how I would get back into the whole process, but it was the most natural thing to get up and teach what had become second nature to me over those three months at YWAM.

We did the passage about Blind Bartemeus out of the book of Mark and before the end of the class several people got up and said the entire passage by heart.  (I think we gave a bit of coaching to one or two).  It was so heartening and amazing to see these people pick up the method and get into the passage.  Here is Ruth and Lisa  practicing the talking and listening bit.



We had a great time doing textual analysis and, as usual, so much of the story sprang to life that I had never noticed before.

Textual analysis is sort of like doing a noisy Lectio Devina for me.  So enriching and gratifying to get into a small passage with so much energy.

We did some acting out, some idiot interviewing, lots of talking and listening, a bit of walking and talking which no one actually found helpful, and then the presentation.


So that was just an awesome way to spend a few hours.  The class even ended ahead of time because they were just such a great bunch of keeners.

I felt fully alive and in my element which was hugely encouraging.

No comments: