Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Collision of Worlds...


The heat continues, much to my delight.
This lovely summer season is just outrageous...
I surely love to be warm and to be surrounded by such beauty is simply a gift from my very kind Creator.


It's amazing to me that I can be living in such peace, surrounded by so much goodness and kindness.
My fridge is literally overflowing with food,  I am able to drive wherever I need to go in my lovely little car.  I can rest when I need to (which is often) and I am surrounded by wonderful people.
There have been opportunities for me this summer to enjoy amazing music, even in my own backyard and in the yards of others...

BUT,
I am very aware of the horrors that are going on in many places right now.
The slaughter of the Christians in Iraq makes me weep.
The war in Israel and the unrest in the Middle East.
So very many refugees.
I can hardly wrap my head around it all.
So I pray, but it feels like so little.

I feel the urgency of these days.
The growing darkness.
The oppression of those who choose Jesus.
The unbelievable injustice and suffering all around the world.
And somehow, I get to live here, in comfort.
Even with all the pain in my hands, and wrist and back.
I am a very privileged minority and I am responsible with how I spend my time and resources...

Jesus help me not to forget those who are suffering.
Help me to pray, so that Your Kingdom will come
Your will would be done, here on earth as it is in Heaven.



No comments: