Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ridiculous Prayers



I'm sitting in the 24/7 prayer room,
So conveniently close to my room.

Feeling the powerful, sweet, wooing presence of Jesus.

Thinking about this new season
Another one where I am more desperate and needy for Him
Such a good thing, but such a hard thing too.

And I think about the prayers I've prayed in times of zeal and passion.
Prayers that can seem ridiculous when I realize the cost in terms of comfort and ease.
But what is the "cost" actually when I have nothing really to give up in the first place considering the exchange rate.

His blood for my unrighteousness.

And I'm realizing that in His great mercy, He is taking me up on those prayers.

More of Him and less of me.

Humility in place of pride.

Love in place of selfishness.

Refiner's fire welcomed and burning…

Help me my Jesus to cooperate with what it is that you want to accomplish in this one wild and precious life that you have granted me for this short time here on earth.

For my inheritance give me the lost…

And the ONLY way that can happen is for me to be completely swallowed up in your purposes, not thinking constantly about MySELF but of Jesus.

The Glorious Love who gave up everything to have relationship with me and to bring His Kingdom here
On Earth, wherever I am
As it is in Heaven.


No comments: