Saturday, January 25, 2014

a loaded prayer


I am settling in for the night here - the room is dark and I hear so many voices around the Go Center
Cars coming and going, people arriving and leaving

I think of my particular journey here

Limited but not restricted

The many freedoms I've enjoyed and taken for granted
The many relationships I've been privileged to experience


As much as I've known companionship and community
I've also known loneliness and isolation

Both sides have such value

But I"m thinking I've been unaware, to a large degree,
And blissfully so, of the multitudes who are alone,
and lonely

And I pray a prayer:

Show me the way of love

And somehow I'm aware, at some level, that for me to know that way,
The way of love
I am privileged to experience my disability and singleness
so that I can know better and love better

With empathy and compassion

Because He was betrayed and rejected.

And He comforts us so that we can comfort.


No comments: