Friday, January 3, 2014

A New Season...



Wow, I am in Hawaii.


Arrived here on January first.
Palm trees and tropical birds...
A very happy New Year to ME!!


Amazingly enough everything that needed to get done before I left got done!
I had a couple of lovely days with the family as Vic and Marcia arrived on the 30th, the same day that Patrice flew out for Hawaii.

Patrice had a rather eventful trip due to customs going through her luggage, questioning her and causing her to miss her flight.  So she spent a night in the Seattle Airport and finally made it to Hawaii the next afternoon.


But now she's busy here on the base being a Mission Builder, working in the kitchen to feed the hundreds of people on the base.  She's getting to know some of her work crew and is staying off campus at Hale Ole.


I am amazed and humbled and ever so grateful to be here for the winter term.
For so many years I have hoped and dreamed of coming here for a winter and perhaps making it my perpetual winter "nesting place" to escape the Kelowna cold and this year it actually happened.


Thank you JESUS!!

The Lord has provided an accessible room for me - even though it all only came together in the last couple of days before my arrival.  I am in the exact same room that Ron and I stayed in back in 1995 when we were here for our CDTS.


Something that feels a little more challenging is the fact that my class is down a very steep hill from my room and it's VERY HARD work to push me up the hill.  This is hard on my nerves and shoulder muscles and really hard for whoever is behind me!  The brown building at the bottom of the picture is where our classes are held and this is the pretty pathway down.


Anyways, nothing is impossible for God and I must trust Him with all of these details.

As far as my class goes I AM ENTHRALLED and SUPER EXCITED!!
What an amazing privilege to be able to sit for a whole term and study and experience and memorize the gospel of Luke.
My class is made up of about 16 people from 13 different nations.
They are an absolute delight and it looks like the instructors are very knowledgeable.

So my adventure has begun and I am trusting for His mercies to carry me through each day.  I keep getting super hot and then cold so either I'm fighting a cold or I'm blazing into a season of hot flashes in a hot place.

It's going to be a scorcher…
The fire of God and my own internal hormonal storm.



No comments: