Monday, January 3, 2000

The Wrestle

 Along with my desire and attempt to draw Jesus into more minutes of the day-to have a more conscious awareness of His presence and activity in my life; I also feel I need to be more disciplined in my actual response to Him - putting His word in to my mind so I can meditate upon it.

Praying with regularity.  A scheduled time with Him.  Why is this my Achilles heel?  Why so difficult to set aside just one hour out of 24?

I feel unbelievable opposition - makes me what to give up but I WILL NOT! I do want to "GROW UP IN. ALL ASPECTS INTO CHRIST".  I feel so infantile in this area - so aware of my screaming flesh which is supposed to be dead! 

So, Spirit of the Living God I call out to you I desperation. Help me to persevere.  I was going to do 1 hour daily but instead I will aim for 1/2 an hour and anything over will feel like a bonus. =) How babies must be pacified.  but 1/2 hour is better than none!

As I sit and try to wait upon the Lord everything in me cries out and wants to run away or fall asleep.  However, as I read out loud the word of God and pray it, life comes in to me. Here are some of the passages I prayed...

Philemon 6, John 10:27, 5, Ephesians 5:17, Colossians 4:12, Acts 22:14, James 1:5-8, 1 Corinthians 1:30

Acts22:14, Hebrews 4:10, John 16:3, Proverbs 16, John 16:13


No comments: