Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Weather Outside is Frightful...



Our little yellow house is still peeping out from it's deep blanket of snow.
We just keep getting more and more snow and it's not even January yet.
But even though "the weather out here is frightful" it doesn't stop us from partying!


We had the neighbours over for an evening of warm fellowship and fun.
So wonderful to keep up the tradition of a yearly gathering so we can stay connected beyond the waves and hellos we give each other when we are passing on the road.


There are also hot drinks happening on a regular basis.
I got a new favourite mug along with a gorgeous butter dish from my two girls.
These will be sweet reminders of them keeping my heart warm even after they head back to the coast.
If you look carefully you can see that the birds are having a little moment of love as well up on their roof.


Meanwhile, Moose has been giving us grief.
He's been having digestive issues for the past long while, but gradually he stopped eating and we decided it was time for an emergency visit to the vet.


He was just a bag of bones and was very lethargic and turning his nose away from the snacks that he normally loved.


I figured he was on the way out so there were tears and grieving but somehow he keeps rallying.
I even set up Anita on FaceTime with him since I figured a farewell was imminent.


But he is still with us.
And his appetite is returning.
Wow. 


This is hard on my nerves, but I'm happy to still have him around.


On Boxing Day we were all invited over to the Zeitner's for some delicious snacks and an evening of fun.
These friends are like family and I'm so glad we keep making the effort to gather even though schedules are full and lives are busy.


I headed out on an extremely snowy day to catch up with these lovely ladies.
We spent a couple of hours sharing our hearts and praying for one another.
Rich fellowship indeed.


Thankfully I had people help me in the parking lot since the snow was piled up everywhere.


No picnics happening in the back yard these days! 


Instead we gather around warmly lit tables for meals and games.
I'm glad I get to join the younger crowd when they come up for visits with Patrice.


The year ended well.


Patrice and I enjoyed a beautiful service at the Anglican Church followed by lunch and a movie with her friend from A Rocha and her mom.


New Year's Eve was quiet - too snowy to join in with parties so I had a sweet time on my bed, journaling and praying while the 16 year old downstairs had a bunch of friends over for a raucous evening of teenager fun.


Who needs parties when you've got this kind of sweet company? 


No comments: