Friday, May 19, 2017

Auf Wiedersehen



Our leder hosen clad friend was at it again as we enjoyed our final Bavarian breakfast! 
The blue cloudless sky was a perfect backdrop.


When he finished welcoming the morning, he dragged the horn through the eating area continuing to play and entertain.
What a friendly, homey feeling place! 


 Patrice spent some time at the coffee bar communing with some local wildlife from another era.
I was terribly excited about the hot chocolate AND coffee machines available to make my morning mocha and was wishing for a man-sized appetite to enable me to taste EVERYTHING, but I had to be content with the goodies I was once again able to sample.


A grande paino in the breakfast room was irresistible  and we mother's took turns filling the air with joyful sounds.
How can one not worship when surrounded with such goodness and beauty?
Foretastes of heaven...


Traveling with these two beauties was a dream come true.
Mother's and daughters...


We packed our bags and bid the beautiful town farewell...


Auf Wiedersehen dear Leavenworth.
It's been a blast! 
Next time we had better remember our dirndl dresses and backpacks...


We enjoyed a scenic trip home with a short stop to pick up some wine and cheese before heading over the border.
When the border guard  heard what we had purchased he laughingly called us snobs.


Again and again I am awestruck at the beauty that surrounds me wherever I go.
I snapped these pictures from the car window as we wound our way through the valley.

So grateful that this kind of scenery is just a short drive from my home, in every direction.



What a peaceful, refreshing trip with the best of friends.
I am in awe at a God that gives us so very many gifts, and who reveals Himself to us in multitudes of ways.
This little oasis of delight, this trip, was a heavenly gift, coming down from my Father of heavenly lights.


And that's the end of this particular Bavarian Fairy Tale.
I'm hoping for Part 2 and 3 and maybe 4...

This trip will be nourishment for my soul in days to come, because...

"A pleasure is not full grown until it is remembered.”
C.S. Lewis

Source: “Out of the Silent Planet” (1938)



No comments: