Thursday, May 4, 2017

Sour Dough Do-nuts



I love when these two share some brother-sister time, and by some miraculous occurrence, they both love baking.
Patrice simply blows my mind with her endless creativity and energy to make the most complicated and delicious things.


On this day it was sour-dough do-nuts.
She had proofed the dough the night before and made plans with Daniel to fry them the next day.


It was so fun to be part of the action and to watch those do-nuts crisp up in no time.


They were SERIOUSLY delicious.
Crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.


Daniel created some icing sugar out of coconut sugar and the result was perfection.
Look at those satisfied smiles.


Here they are taking pictures of two of their masterpieces.
I ate far too many that evening, but they were memorable and amazing.

She had also made these super yummy buckwheat, almond flour, pumpkin seed cookies with cashew butter and coconut oil on top. 
Easy peasy for her.
Way too complicated and complex for me.
But I'm happy to do taste testing.


I can hardly believe I get to live here and eat these delectable treats.

After the do-nuts were finished a wild and wooly storm broke out with lightning flashes, thunder and big rain so we went outside to watch the show in real time! 




No comments: