Friday, March 25, 2016

How Marvellous


Easter has become increasingly more important to me as the years go by.
I was sorry not to attend a Good Friday service due to the big crowd arriving for supper. I needed to conserve energy and work on the meal prep.
However, in those moments alone in the kitchen I raised my arms to heaven and worshiped my Jesus.
Tears in my eyes,
Intense gratitude welling up from deep within.
For what he suffered for me.
Oh how marvellous,
Oh how wonderful
Is this love that cost me nothing but bought me everything.
My beautiful, precious Jesus...


So we celebrated Easter on Good Friday with the family since they were only in town for two days and that was the only time that Daniel could join us. 


There were so many special moments.


The birdie was a pretty big hit. 
Always a challenge to get it to sit still on a new, uncertain finger, but the smiles of joy when that was accomplished were priceless. 


The weather was perfect and the trampoline provided a good outlet for energy and amazing flips.
These kids are very athetlic.


It's sweet to be outdoors again without being cold! 


The Easter Egg hunt proved to be a huge challenge for everyone.
Even Daniel had a hard time helping the kids to find the bunnies which he had obviously hidden very well. 


But they were up to the challenge and the evening sun pouring through the trees spoke of the long season of light and warmth which is upon us once again.
Oh Hallelujah! 


There are still hidden treasures which were never found so perhaps the workers in the orchard will be happy to find small toys as they work.



Thankfully the golden bunnies were located and two out of the three kids found their tic tacs.
Since he was tiny, Luca would come up to me with his hand open saying 
"Tic Tac?" So I try to make sure to have them on hand when this bunch shows up.



Barely had a chance to grab this picture before Daniel ran
 off to get Nicole so they could drive to Langley to be with her family for the weekend, but it was special to have the cousins together again.  




So many sweet moments...


Grateful for these priceless connections and for this little body tucked into my bed for a sleepover.





No comments: