Sunday, March 20, 2016

Home Holiday


I filled up the bird feeder and took this picture of my sweet little visitors.  That's actually a miniature pumpkin at the forefront which I managed to make look like a monster with my fantastic photo skills.  
Totally unintentional, but still pretty amazing. 


I've been feeling a bit like I'm on a holiday at home these days. 
The combination of Spring, no teaching and an empty house is having that lovely 'vacation' effect on me.  Usually I don't do so well mentally/emotionally if I'm home alone for too long, but I can certainly handle a few days in a row - especially if I have a few outings in the midst of the alone time.  Patrice went to Vancouver to spend her birthday weekend with some friends and I'm holding down the fort, so to speak.  And the puppies have been providing wonderful entertainment as I've thrown the rubber chicken into the mix.  It has spiced things up significantly.


So there is a lot of this going on.  
Ladybug hoards the chicken and Moose  looks longingly on. 
Quite pathetic really.


In this particular instance below Moose was the victor. 
I may have taken the chicken away from Ladybug just to even things up.
Plus Moose finally cried and I couldn't handle it anymore.
Who can resist a face like that?
By the way, he is not lying on the bed as it is not allowed.  His back feet are still on the floor but it gives him the feeling of inclusion.


There was a small group meeting on Saturday night with beautiful worship and percussion provided by my favourite friend Matthew who is one of my heroes.  


I even made a trip to the basement which is an unusual occurrence around here. I had an unction to clean and organize the TV room and I had the satisfaction of dusting and throwing out a bunch of old videos. 
Below is the lovely artistic window sill that Patrice looks out on in the room below mine. 


Like I said - it's felt like a holiday as I've visited places I rarely go to anymore. 
Like the basement...


And since Patrice was away I treated the Budgie (whom we occasionally call "Petey") to some time on the kitchen table where he could look out at the birds on the feeder.
He still loves to fly all over the house leaving evidence behind at his favourite perches. 
Much to my dismay.


This morning Moose took off on me when I was outside trying to throw the ball for him.  So I decided to check out where he went and I took myself on a significantly longer "roll" than I usually go on around here. I found this pretty little park near our yard. I'm loving how everything is greening up from all the rain we've been having.


It was so lovely out, with the birds sweetly sending their calls out and with the fresh smell that follows rain.  There was even some sunshine peeking out from the clouds so I enjoyed my little outing.  Ladybug ran around, obviously in her glory and we finally located Moose sniffing around in the neighbours hedge.  Then he managed to beat us home as you can see.  Acting all innocent. The prodigal dog.
And that's the story of my home holiday weekend.



No comments: