Monday, March 21, 2016

She's Home

   

Outside of my Mom's place there is a protected area where I found this lovely bouquet of daffodils blooming!  
Since yesterday was the first day of Spring it was a perfect day to discover them. 
I've always felt a special affinity for daffodils, possibly because I was a daffodil in an ice skating production when I was about 5 years old.  
I wore this funny yellow hat in the shape of a daffodil as I twirled about in my yellow costume on the ice those many years ago.    


I tried to fix up the house to make it look a little festive for Patrice' arrival home. 
I put the birthday banners out and since I can't blow up balloons I made a little picture collage to hang from the light.
I had this great idea to go out and buy some tulip bouquets for Patrice's bedroom and for the kitchen table so I jumped into the car and was heading into town when I remembered there was a cake in the oven. 
So I quickly went home again. 


Here is the angel food cake I made, forgetting that Patrice gets a stomach ache from eating things with too many eggs.  
Oops. 
I had some company over for supper that night and we enjoyed the cake with whipped cream and blueberries while Patrice sat on the couch in the background. 
Sadly she came home with a cold and didn't have an appetite for food or a party.


So this is us, enjoying the unbirthday cake. 


No comments: