Saturday, February 6, 2016

Frosty February



As much as I was happy to see the back end of January, February has shown itself to be fully capable of producing equally "wintery weather".

This is what I saw recently on my way home from work. 
So very lovely.
(The compensation for enduring this unending cold.)


I've been pretty much finished with all of the fresh dumps of snow, morning after morning, but it's hard to resist this kind of beauty.
I ended up going home one morning after watching some crazy traffic on the slippery roads up here.  One woman not far from this point had tried stopping at a T in the road and she just kept sailing straight into the orchard ahead of her.  That's when I turned around and decided to skip school.


And this little fellow makes his presence known all around the house.  He loves flying into my bedroom and admiring his image in all of the mirrors he finds there. If only he did't leave a little trail of droppings I wouldn't mind so much.
He does fill the house with his cheery little songs and Patrice loves him so therefore he has special privileges.



Recently I tried to get my three kids together for a breakfast, but unfortunately work got in the way for Nicole. She had just returned home from a trip to Thailand with her family and came home sick and tired and jet lagged.  The poor gal had a rough week.  So even though she was unavailable I forged ahead and had a morning out with Daniel and Patrice.  I'm learning just make the best of whatever is available!  Time with the kids is a treasure so I'll take whatever I can get. This was a sweet time of catching up over a pretty amazing breakfast.




No comments: