Sunday, January 31, 2016

Farewell January



This has been the most Januaryish of January's.
No one can doubt that we have plowed through the middle of a very Canadian winter with the endless snow, sleet, rain, ice and slush that we have experienced.
Just for good measure the heavens opened one last time before this month closed it's door.



This morning I woke up to another amazingly white day - every bough on every tree covered with a cushion of white.
No little "white dusting" of snow here ,
this was a dump of major proportions.
Again.


It made my drive to church incredibly pretty.

On my way home I ran into these fellows.
I had to stop for a visit and they stared at me while I stared at them.
No words were exchanged...


They were chewing rhythmically, looking at me with expectation.
Perhaps I had a little something yummy to add to their culinary experience?


Days of grey and white swirl around me but January is now closed for business.

Bring on El Nino, a big melt and hopefully some colour! 

And warmth.

No comments: