Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Way



This is a beautiful report from the recent “Homecoming Gathering” in Korea with David Demian and Pastor Gideon.  What a beautiful thing that God has done in that nation.  This Gathering was like the one that occurred first in Canada, and then in Japan, Israel, Germany and China.  Now Korea is on board and has received revelation and healing as they have repented and embraced the desire of Christ - no longer orphans but sons and daughters!!.  Instead of becoming number one they want to be ONE in HIM!

So precious… I wonder which nation is next on God’s agenda?!  I am so encouraged and challenged after reading this.  (Slight editing done)

"Following the Holy Spirit is simple yet hard. Simple, because we take away our right to make decisions, just surrender and follow. Hard, because we need to surrender, yet we  always have ideas of our own. But we still need to believe and take risks, to yield, to inquire, to wait, and then He will speak. When we learn to obey, following the Holy Spirit becomes easy. When we still insist on our own willfollowing the Holy Spirit will be difficult. 

This morning together (at the gathering)  we experienced not initiating for God. We wait until He speaks. If God does not speak, we have no plan B. Waiting on God is not wasting time. God knows we always have plan B, but we say to Him, "Lord, teach me not to move till You speak!”  Even Lord Jesus said, "The Son can do nothing by himself, He can only do what He sees the Father is doing.” (John 5:19) 

Let's take this to wherever we go--- our home, work, school, church:  surrender to the Holy Spirit, listen to His voice, treasure His presence and allow the Holy Spirit to take leadership. We may fear chaos or losing control, but God says, "I am a good Father, surrender in my presence, we will break forth together.” 

"This time I finally understand: we love Him, and are willing to seek after Him, but we are imperfect.  We might hear wrong, do wrong, might not find the right way, don’t know where He is going. But I still will take the risk to trust in Him, He knows the way. In fact, that “Way” is not what we do, that “Way” is a Person, Jesus! He is the Way and the Truth and the Life. The "Way" we follow is Him. (The Truth is Him too--- not the theology that we understand!) That makes it easy, no longer be afraid, because when I walk down the wrong road, this Way---Lord Himself, will correct me! Oh, what a great relief!"


"The rest is also easy to understand: Now the Holy Spirit is walking so close to me, I do not want to grieve Him, where He can’t go, I won’t go. Thoughts that do not please Him I can't entertain. He will plead, " Don’t, please, I can’t take that.” “Yes, my Lord, my God, please help me overcome, I am a new creation. Your presence is my pursuit and You desire is what I choose now.”

Such beautiful words.
This is the journey.
Jesus is the Way.  
I lean into the Holy Spirit and treasure Him in the stillness.
Trusting that He will speak and lead.  
And until He does, I wait.  



No comments: