Thursday, February 11, 2016

Inner Workings


I am often writing about the "happenings" of my life and am divulging very little of the "inner workings" of my soul.


I'm not sure exactly why this is. Partly it is because this is such a public forum (as small as that "public" may be) and partly because I have another private space where I write and journal some of my reflections and prayers so that I can be raw and honest with God.

But anyways, here is some of my recent "inner stuff"...

I have watched a few episodes of a show called "my new day" that a friend told me about.  The man who has put together the "passion" translation of the Bible (Brian Simmons) was speaking there about his amazing love story with God and how his life has been filled with the Word of God since he was saved in his early 20's.  It has absolutely consumed him and his entire life has been given over to His lover, Jesus Christ.

After listening to how the Holy Spirit became his best friend, I began to cry out for that.  I desperately want to want this more than anything.  To be so consumed with the glorious presence of God that everything else pales in comparison. Everything!

As I was asking for this I immediately felt an invitation to "keep coming, keep coming" towards Him. I have begun more earnestly to pursue him through study and proclaiming, praying and reading the Word in this past season and I know that this is a part of "coming closer to Him".  It's about our desire for Him and He sees that, however great or small it is.

In my minds eye I suddenly saw the threshold of a door and I felt that the Lord was showing me that I have been standing at the threshold, smelling the smells and experiencing the sweet presence of God that comes wafting out of the place where His glory dwells.  But there is more, way more for me to experience in far greater depth and intimacy with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I then remembered how I recently put my finger print onto my i phone so that I could use it as a passcode to "get in".  The finger print was not received in just one placement - I had to repeatedly put my finger down, at many different angles until the full imprint was received and at that moment the phone "opened" to me.

I felt that God was encouraging me to continue to come before Him - repeatedly, submitting every area with faith and courage so that the inner secrets of the dwelling place and heart of God would be "unlocked" for me.  I want to know how He loves me, to have so much revelation of this that it will increase my own capacity to hold His love and to let it pour out of my life.


And this is my journey right now. 
Seeking to know His love, to know His heart in greater measure and to rest in that.

My longing and hope is based on the prayer of Jesus at the end of  John 17 that says: 

"The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one;  I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me."


No comments: