Monday, November 9, 2015

Promise Pages


On my drive to school in the mornings I am seeing the season change in a most spectacular way.
The leaves have been slow to fall from the trees in the orchards creating a stunning visual landscape.

And even though we're seeing snow at the tops of the hills around the valley we're still having some lovely sunny days...


The days have been getting really cool though and I'm needing to guard against a sadness that wants to creep in when I think of several months of this darkness and increasing cold.
So I've got this promise page that I've been reading and praying through on a fairly consistent basis. 
It keeps growing longer and longer as I listen to more teachings and get excited about new truths that are giving me life and direction.
So I read these promises and proclamations out loud in the morning.
First thing, while the day is fresh and I can commit everything into the incredibly capable hands of my Creator.
Powerful stuff. 


  I wait quietly before God for my hope is in Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.  Psalm 62:5,6



You make your saving help my shield, and your right hand sustains me. 
Your help has made me great.  You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way.  Psalm 18:35


And now, even though it's not even 5:00 pm and the day has grown dark there is a light burning here in my cozy room.  
My friend Lisa is coming over and bringing some supper and then we're going to make some proclamations together.
Because, if one of us can put a thousand to flight then two of us can send the legions fleeing...


No comments: