Saturday, November 14, 2015

Butterfly Breakfast




It baffles me how the Lord has seen fit to put so many rich gifts into my life.
I, completely undeserving, get to enjoy the most amazing people and experience the most incredible places and events. 


This breakfast, for instance was put on by my beautiful Butterfly friend Lora whom I have known for probably 23 years now. 
Our friendship was rooted and grounded in prayer as we met together at the school our boys both attended, to pray.
We have seen each other through all sorts of life experiences, but mostly in the context of this group of women whom we call the Butterflies.
We are constantly being changed into His Image as we submit to His Word and His leadings in our lives. 
Going through difficult seasons in the cocoon, seasons of emerging and finally spreading our wings to enjoy new levels of freedom and life.  


Isn't she lovely?
Inside and out, Lora is a woman of beauty and excellence.
She's also an extraordinarily good cook who is able to put on the most lavish feasts fit for royalty.  
Just look at this table.


We shared stories, enjoyed the delicious fare, and had several varieties of delicious teas served in all sorts of fancy tea cups.




I'm proud of these lovely women, each one of them remarkable and precious, and how they are choosing the higher road, the road less travelled in their daily walk. 
I'm amazed that I get to be part of this sweet circle of love and care.


So even though the day was dark and wet there was warmth and beauty to be found. 


And I even ran into this fun little trio on my way home.  Sara was out walking the puppies and she had Ladybug tied onto Moose to keep the wild things under better control.


I came home and crawled into bed with a headache for most of the rest of the day, but the happy thing is I have a warm home and comforts and family to share this life with.  

No comments: