Sunday, November 22, 2015

Lana



I've known Lana for a long time now. 
Our girls were in elementary school together and our lives have stayed connected,  in a sporadical yet consistent way.  Like sometimes maybe once a year and then more often for a season.
But she never lets go of me.
And for this I am grateful.
Thankfully she just pops onto my grid and reminds me of how amazing she is and shares with me her journey.
We spend time talking and then we pray.

Lana is like no one else I know.
A big personality.  She's gritty and real and raw and super beautiful.
Hasn't had an easy life but she loves and laughs in a big way. 


So somehow Patrice and I had the privilege of celebrating Lana's birthday with her, her daughter and daughter's fiancé .
There was good food (cooked by the birthday girl herself) laughter and the preciousness of fellowship around a table on a dark November evening. 
This woman is gold.  
Praying that she will walk out her destiny and keep choosing to walk in the light.
She is one who has the potential of leading people out of very dark places.
She's not afraid to speak the truth in love and to lay down her life for others.
I'm honored to know her and to be chosen to be her friend.

She said it was one of the best birthdays she has ever celebrated and that meant so much to me.
That we got to be a part of that.
God is the best event planner.



No comments: