Friday, September 11, 2015

Faith Booster


Sometimes days just seem to fall out of heaven.
Yesterday was one of them...


Dear Barb was in town and the day opened up for me so it felt like the Lord swept us up into His goodness.


Special drinks & a picnic at the lakeside happened where we caught up on where God's taken us since our last rendezvous at the gathering.
We started talking Munich and are trusting God to show us if that is actually something we should move towards together.
That right there was an answer to prayer as I felt like I might need to lay that dream aside.  And if God doesn't want me there then I certainly don't want to be there.
But oh oh oh...if He does want me there and I can go???


After some dreaming and praying we headed over to say a quick hello to Daniel and to bring him our picnic leftovers.  Somehow a window of time opened up for him as well and before we knew it he was sipping on a blueberry milkshake WHILE getting a massage from Barb on the side of the road.  Nice way to break up an afternoon of studying anatomy and physiology for him and a treat for us to get a little visit in.


How convenient to have a registered massage therapist as a friend of the family.  She is always more than willing to "lend a helping hand" so to speak.



Next we headed over to look at an electric wheelchair together.  That has been on my "to do" list for about a year now, but it's one of those little "mount everest's" that I just couldn't seem to get up and over.  But with Barb anything seems possible.  Her faith and bubbliness is a tonic for me and before I knew it I was zipping around trying out an electric chair with Barb coaching me on and laughing in the background.  She even took a zip around in the chair to try out her skills.



Anything is possible with God and He provides friends to give us courage to do the hard things.

The day ended up with a very spontaneous dinner on the patio with Gord and Jan.  The evening was perfectly beautiful, the pizza delicious and easy and the company was sweet. We caught up on all sorts of news, shared our hearts and ended the evening with a beautiful time of prophetic and prayer.



I was so touched by the encouraging words that were spoken over me and about how this place is a "sanctuary" for others.  It was also beautiful to see how God had something for everyone around that table.
We invited His presence and He came.  We feasted on His goodness and went away encouraged and refreshed.







No comments: