Monday, September 7, 2015

Crowds of Love



Happily I found a reserve of energy to plan a patio dinner to end off the Labour Day Weekend.  
Phone calls were made, a huge pot of chilli was thrown together and once again my heart and home were filled with the sweetest people.  


There were singles, couples, a baby on the way and two families with a total of 16 kids between them. 
I can do these crowds when the weather is great and someone brings the salads and there are extra hands to get the food outside. 
What joy to visit and eat together, share jokes and figure out who is who in the mass of growing children.  


The fire and marshmallows were a real hit.
Literally.
I don't know what possesses me at times, but suddenly I thought I could throw a marshmallow directly into a young man's mouth at close range.
He was game, but I caught him off guard with the ferocity of my throw and sadly, even though he was only a few feet from me I managed to get the marshmallow directly into his 
EYE!!!
I was throwing with all my might trying to prevent the marshmallow from bouncing off his face. This was hugely unfortunate.  
Much laughter and joking erupted.
I was horrified, visions of a detached retina haunting my consciousness.
He was bleary eyed but good natured about the misadventure.

Anyways.  

Ice was applied and forgiveness extended.
He even sought me out to give me a big hug at the end of the evening,
but still...


The kids had great fun running through the orchard collecting apples in the dark before they headed home.

When I texted Julie the next day I was reassured that all was well.
Tarsus could see.
I was so relieved.
Glad this backyard fiasco had a happy ending.

No comments: