Friday, July 24, 2015

Sweet Summer




My lazy leisurely summer days have disappeared and have been exchanged with days full of all sorts of goodness and busyness.  I'm exhausted but happy and am just ever so relieved to see that there are still lots of days left in this favourite season of mine.

There has been a long stretch of intense heat which has culminated in the province being lit up with hundreds of forest fires, one just across the lake and down a ways.
I've loved the heat and it seems to help my hands to be less painful. Rain would be very welcome though.

There have been dinners and visits on the back patio and I'm trying to keep up with watering all my lovely flowers which dry out so quickly in the hot summer wind.


The apartment has kept us hopping, and we have seen so incredibly many answers to prayer; with 7 of 8 units on the second floor have been vacated, cleaned and filled with new tenants within the time span of 8 months.  So that has led to all sorts of activity, especially for Elsie.  And we're dealing with a devious landscaper that I felt compelled to fire which has not been pleasant.  We are praying for God to vindicate and asking for wisdom to know how to handle the situation.  Elsie and I are quite a ways out of our comfort zone in dealing with these kind of characters and I very stupidly hired him without first getting a written proposal.  He has treated Elsie very poorly with her yard and has taken lots of her money.  Makes me angry.
But God.
He will help us if we call on Him and we surely are.
This situation isn't finished yet.

I had another test at the hospital trying to figure out my swallowing problems, but nothing new has shown up so I guess that's good.  Look at me all tucked into the machine watching my throat all lit up on the X-ray screen.



I don't know why I feel so outrageously happy when I'm there, but my little stop at the "Perking Lot" for a special "Mr. Nutty" latte may have something to do with the euphoria I experience upon my exit.




I've been driving a rental car with hand controls so I can get out and about as long as there is someone on the other end to lift my wheelchair out of the trunk.  So I've been able to go to Prayer, to the Lake to listen to music, to get fixed up at the chiropractor and attend church.  And today I took Mom, Tante Hilda and Elsie for a little prayer drive along the lake and we had our hamburgers and drinks while sitting at a park looking out over the water.  


Live Music in the park on Anita's Birthday.  She showed up for pizza and a drink after delivering a baby and finishing up with the parents. 


Tonight a lovely bunch of dear friends came over to celebrate her birthday.  We ate lots of yummy food and laughed away the warm summer evening, ending with a sweet time of prayer for each other and the birthday girl.  


Since I haven't had time to bake the requisite gluten free cake, a peach stood in for the occasion to hold up the candles.  There has been so much fruit in this beautiful season so we enjoyed peaches and blueberries with whipping cream. 


No comments: