Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Considering



I'm having a holiday of sorts.
Spending lots of time laying on my bench here in the back yard.
I hear bells tinkling in the gentle breeze, oak leaves are peaking over the roof and a very blue sky is providing a magnificent backdrop.
Blue and Green.
Must be two of God's favourite colours.
The dogs lay nearby enjoying my company and the summer warmth.

I've had no car for a week now and it's been restful. I have had the opportunity to catch a ride to various places with each of my three kids and this has been something sweet.
For me at least.  I so value time with these precious ones and now that they are adults it is not as frequent as my mother's heart would like so I know to drink it in when it happens!

The quietness gives me pause to think and consider.
What is an "accident" anyways?
It feels unfortunate, to say the least, to inconvenience and hurt others through our own lack of attention.  Even though I had the "right of way" and no responsibility was assigned to me I struggle on and off.
My temperament is one that seeks to make things right for others and I have spoken to my insurance agent twice now about taking some of the responsibility, feeling like that would make things better somehow.  She reassures me it won't, but she will have her advisor look into the matter again.

But in God's economy it's another whole story.
His Sovereignty, our trust and obedience.
I've got to know that He holds all this in His Hands and I love that He promised us that HE WOULD work all things together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.  That's a super big deal to me.
I feel His peace as I trust that He knew from the beginning that this would happen and there are opportunities for me in this.
Opportunities to pray and to bless, to rest and to trust.
To worship and to wait.
He is never in a hurry and I want that beautiful quality.
Timeless and trusting.
Content in the moment.

I'm going to let God be God (as if I have any choice - but it's the conscious choice to put His goodness before my eyes as I continue to rest before Him and in Him.)  I feel an incredible sense of rest and there is Shalom, when I let go of the whole "assignment of blame" thing.

So I looked up verses to bring some perspective...





“I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted."  Job 42:2











"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand."  Proverbs 19:21









"The Lord has established his throne in the heavens, and his kingdom rules over all."  Psalm 103:19










"The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps"  Proverbs 16:9


So I will wait on Him. 

 To sort out the details.  To take care of those parts of my body that got just a little bit hurt in the accident.
To look after the dear girl that I bumped into.
To guide my heart, to lead me in paths of righteousness and to continue to deliver my loved ones and I from the evil one.


No comments: